View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Janquiltz

Originally Posted by clhornak
Congrats on a stunning quilt! To me a year is nothing. This would take me a lifetime!
Bet it wouldn't. Get one of her patterns, pull your fabrics - all colors, patterns, etc. Put the fabrics that you want for each block into a zip lock and label it with the pattern #. (I mostly followed her suggested colors for each block) Once you have all the blocks into individual "kits" - start with the first one and start cutting out the size pieces per each pattern. I cut them all and put them back into the zip lock. Once I had them all cut out I just started piecing one at a time. The actual sewing was a "piece of cake." What took the most time was assembling the fabric and deciding which fabrics I wanted for each block. The second longest amount of time was the time I spent admiring each block as it was finished - followed by arranging and rearranging the final layout.

Fun, fun, fun - you should try it. Honest once you start (and I was way outside my "box" or comfort zone with mixing so many colors in to one block & one quilt) you get hooked. The Lori Smith pattern I did was one of the first photos that I uploaded on this board. The blocks in that one were 6" and 12". http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-125983-1.htm