View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Jenni M
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by Jenni M
What great ideas! I am struggling with getting rid of my son's t shirts and jeans. I'd love to make some quilts from his clothing but I don't know if I am emotionally strong enough to do it. He passed away a little over a year ago at 26 from complication with diabetes. I'd love to cuddle up in is clothes. Hard to even finish this post just thinking about it.
sorry to hear of your loss! Having diabetes myself I know what a struggle life with this disease can be!

Having said that, make the quilt..you will snuggle into so well...really...I did this for my boys when their dad passed away suddenly from pnuemonia in 2009. Just one week after his 51st birthday. He had not seen his sons in 14 years, but they still loved him and cherish his flannel shirt quilts they own now!
Did you use a certain pattern? I'm not sure where to start, but I know I need to begin somewhere. It's hard to touch the memories.
Jenni, so sorry about your loss. I cannot even imagine how painful it must be for you. I wondered if you have a friend(s) you could trust with your son's clothing that would be willing to make a quilt for you. That might help you and also might help your friend(s) be able to do something to help you out. Often friends feel helpless in knowing how to ease our loved one's pains. God bless you.