View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

This is the one and only large quilt that I have ever made this large. I did do a couple of simpler Sues that were twin size but they weren't this involved.
I was having health issues and couldn't climb a ladder to paint my ceilings so my neighbor offered to paint my ceilings if I would make her a quilt.
She bought the fabric and all I had to do was make the top and quilt it down. I hate to bind a quilt. I just don't bind anything! So she did the binding.
Took me all of one winter (before I started selling my stuff). I don'tknow how to quilt in the border areas so I made a pattern of the Sue all put together and pinned those around the edge of the border and hand sewed those down all around the border. This quilt was 100% hand quilted. No machine and no rotary cutter or long rulers. I did this one the old fashioned way! Cut each piece by piece. This was before I even knew rotary cutters and long rulers even existed! And I did not know how to sew a quilt on a machine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25988.jpe   attachment-26022.jpe   attachment-26036.jpe