Thread: WIP List
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
JoanneS

My WIP list. I'm shocked to see how many I have. I'm so obsessive :evil: that I usually can't start a new Q until I finish the current one. Guess I'm not as obsessive as I thought. :lol: All are in Tucson with me. I can't think of any that are awaiting me in CT. :lol: But 2 of these will return there with me to be quilted! I thought I was going to quilt them in Tucson, but then those twins were born, and it has taken me the whole dern winter & then some to get them done. I think the chemo has REALLY slowed down my thought processes. :( I get to use the 'chemo brain' excuse for at least another 4 years.

Twin baby quilts - almost finished.

Double bed quilt - 3rd of 4 quilts made from old clothes DD gave me last summer to take my mind off chemo. I finished the first 2 and gave them to her & family in November. These 2 are Mile-a-minute with peach sashing from my stash. Layered and pinned (before I discovered spray adhesive).

Lap quilt - 4th quilt (top only) from DD's family's clothes. M-a-M with red sashing - I think - haven't looked at it since Nov!

Foundation-piecing from silk ties - begun about 5 years ago; languishing (I love that word - makes me think of Victorian ladies in too-tight corsets) in a box somewhere in my Tucson sewing room.

PaperPieced NYBeauty from Karen Stone book. 1 block done in '04. All the rest traced, fabrics ready to go. Another languishing WIP.

Repair of lap quilt originally made for batchelor son - well-loved by his wife and 9 and 7 year old sons. I've been given a reprieve on the repair until their house sells in Chicago, and they move to VA.