Old 05-27-2011, 05:10 PM
spartan quilter

I had the experience of doing a quilt that I was going to give to friends as a house warming gift when they moved into their new home. I always take my quilts to the local coffee shop and she was in the group to look at it. Her comment was that she could never use it, because it was too short for her. The quilt was 72 inches long, and she is about 5 ft 3. And I even went so far as to say, that she could get used to the size, but she just said again, it was too short. I had planned on giving it to her that morning, and needless to say, I brought it home. It laid around here for a month or so, and then I thought of an elderly friend, who is in assisted living, so I gave it to her. And now that was one very happy lady, and I was too, because I know that she really appreciated it. Her bed was getting changed the next day, and she was having it put on her bad as the top cover. It went to a good home. So I understand about wanting to know that your quilts are going to a good home. It is like a child, because you have put so much love into it.