Old 05-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Sienna's GiGi

I am going on leave in two weeks for two weeks and I am so excited. I can't wait to see my granddaughter Sienna because I haven't seen her since she was 7 months. She's now 2. I am also giddy because I have never been to a quilt shop in the U.S. Oh, I've seen pictures, I read the stories and I shop for stuff online so I just know that I am in for a treat when I go home. I have been so caught up in the European experience that I never gave thought about coming home to do anything other then see my little Si-Si until I became a quilter. Now I feel as if I am missing out on the ultimate experience. I have never been to a quilt-in, took classes, mingled with like minded people, do a shop hop in person, trade blocks, belong to a guild, visited other quilters, see a real stash etc. Have you ever tried buying sewing furniture, fabric and notions in Germany? There is a little here and a little there but not much for quilters to really get into it. I am going to my first quilt festival in Columbus, OH in a little over two weeks. Please quilters answer this: If you were in my shoes what as a quilter I MUST see and do in Atlanta and Columbus? ~Erika.