View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barbm
I think every quilt I do ends up with some little horror story attached to it. I'm good for a meltdown (usually silent beating up of myself as I don't want anyone to know I make mistakes) at least once a week. I'm still a bit of a novice, teaching myself as I go along. So there are some great scraps from cutting wrong and an assortment of blocks that are too weird for the quilt. Someday I will make a quilt of "not square" squares.

Luckily, no injuries for me.

My biggest horror story is the "quilt police"- remember I'm a novice. about 2 years ago I made a quilt for a family reunion and there were quilt police there. I almost grabbed my quilt and ran home. I was ready to cry and I felt sick to my stomach. But, it must not have been so bad as I get asked each year to make one and they sell a ton of tickets and fight over who will get it.
Sounds to me, like you have family that are "quilt police" bc they are envious. We all know, that even when our seams and points don't look perfect, that a lot of work and determination goes into these quilts.
I couldn't help but chuckle about the part, where you almost grabbed it, and ran home, but they were being mean. Shame on them! Just remember, even the best quilter in the world can 'flub' up, if not paying attention. It's that kind of craft. I'm a great flubber, but I'm also a great ripper. Can't keep a good dog down :P