View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Barbm
My biggest horror story is the "quilt police"-
I must not have been in enough quilt trouble to warrant the quilt police so I don't really know what that means?

I think I have an idea: I bought fabric for a quilt and the quiltzilla owner of the shop said to me: "Please tell me that you are not planning to use this fabric on the same quilt." (Which of course was EXACTLY what I had planned) She then said: "What will you name it? Nightmare on Elm Street?" I told her she would eat her words......and she did.
OMGosh, Martina, that is a great,...and funny story!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had not heard of "quiltzilla", (shop owner), lmbo right now, but of course a superhero would. (You know my grandbaby believes in you, lol...see other post, um, somewhere :D).
That was extremely rude. Sounds like she had seen you before, so was taking liberties. It's rude, even when family does it, but we kind of expect it, from them once in a while. I love the way you handled it!
I'd love to see a pic of quilt. Bet if you had said, "well, I'll go home and think about it", and walked out, without buying fabric...HaHaHaHa...next time she would have bit her tongue off and chewed, before losing the money!
You probably did it in a very, nonchalant, superhero-ish way though, not really a confrontation. I've never been able to walk away from fabric...sigh,...but then, I've never been talked to that way...although, once after being in a Joann's for a couple hours, and had, oh, about six assorted size cuts...and was eyeballing a bolt on counter behind cutter...I had said, that I needed a certain color for a mystery quilt...(now if it was a mystery to me, what was it to these ppl?)...when I said, "let me look at that bolt over there, maybe that would work"...at least 3 of the ppl around me, (in unison), all shouted, "NO!".... now that was a truly, weird thing! I just shrugged it off, looked at it, and said, "nope, not right, shade." doo doo doo doo....(must have been police, gestapo :? )