View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Janquiltz

Originally Posted by ladyshuffler
These are awesome...great job!! Were do you find the patterns for these???
My Little Rocky Road is a mini version of a Fons and Porter pattern they called "Chatanooga Choo Choo. It was published in the Aug/Sep 2003 Fons & Porter magazine. The quilt was for a F&P contest which challenged us to take a full size quilt from one of their magazines published in 2003-2004 and reduce it to a miniature. I might be slightly mathmatically challenged too, so it really wasn't that easy figuring out what size to cut the pieces for the blocks.

Chitra Publications used to publish a miniature quilt magazine, but the publications stopped 4-5 years ago. That was a sad day. I think I might have gotten that second pattern (the Dresden Plates) from one of those mags. Will have to look through my mini pattern books - as I believe the same pattern was in one of those too.

The mini OBW was inspired by a Bethany Reynolds quilt pattern for a queen size quilt called "The Diamond Ring" taken from her book "Magic Stack -n- Whack". I just reduced the 45 degree wedges to 3" ones. Most of my pattern books for miniature quilts were purchased on Amazon under the new/used area. So many of the books are out of publication, and when you can find them for sale - are usually pretty pricey. Deals are out there tho.