Thread: What! No Stash?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Missysgottohelp

I don't have a stash either. I buy what I need for a project and I use the scraps to make strip blocks. When I get enough strip blocks to make a quilt I put one together. I've been told I just haven't caught the bug yet but I don't really think I will. I live in a very small house and have limited funds to quilt. So I only buy what I need. I shop around and buy on sale. When I get everything I need I get to work on a project. My MIL quilts like crazy but I see her porch with over a 100 totes full of fabric that she will never use up and I just can't bring myself to do that. All I see is a big waste of money. When I ask her why she bought all that fabric she says that she liked it when she bought it but her taste has changed and most of it she doesn't like any more. So I guess it's how you look at things. I have this thing about being wasteful. I really don't buy anything unless I need it and I try to reuse things as much as I can. My grandmother quilted when I grew up and never bought a piece of fabric to make a quilt in her life. She used our old clothes and blankets and made wonderful quilts.