Thread: First mug rugs
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 07:48 AM
AFQSinc

I needed to come up with teacher appreciation gifts for my son's Sunday School and Tiny Tots teachers. I thought that I would try making some mug rugs. It was alot of fun. The top two are patterns found online and the other three I made up on my own.

I am particularly proud of these because I used 100% scraps. I've never made any scrappy quilts, though, I love the way they look. I have been saving my scraps to donate to Project Linus or sometimes on Freecycle. I was just never that interested in using them. I am converted, though. I have gone through my scrap bag and organized some of them into color groups. I still have a big bag that I will pass on but I have much more respect for my scraps now.

I bought a set of 4 mugs (there are 4 teachers) and put a mug rug in each cup as well as a little card explaining what they are and a few bags of tea. I am super happy that each gift cost me under $5! Each mug rug has a little tag on the back that says, "Rainbow" and then my son's name and the school year.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-203410.jpe   attachment-203411.jpe