View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 07:52 AM
arimuse

im simply an animal person, have 9 dogs (all neutered, all strays we found wandering near our property - we live in the country), 9 cats (ditto, dogs), feed the squirrels, birds, hummers, deer, rabbits mice etc anything that happens by - I always share, its not my earth or universe, it belongs to all of us -
Im not a vegan, wish I could have that much will power but do eat some meats. we dont hunt, though I came from a hunting /fishing family - as the guys aged they gave up the hunting, but when I was a kid my dad hunted to put meat on the table, and he raised us to understand you dont kill it unless you are planning on eating it (except for rats, which he said we could shoot at will)
I do fish, but I only catch as much as I can make us for a meal and I never let a fish flop around gasping, its a hard knock to the head and into the creel. We had fresh fried fish for supper last sat nite - so fresh they dont even taste like fish, I call them sunfish up north, but in the south I think they call them red spots? sharet