View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Safta
patterns to quilt already pieced tops seem to be pretty hard to find with a western them. The quilt is pieced with the cutest western fabric, and now my sister wants me to quilt it on our mid arm. And I'm fresh out of ideas. Do you know of any continuous line southwestern quilt patterns?
Let me see if I can explain the design I developed for my brother's quilt. I took the western pictures, and did pretty much what it sounds like your sister did. Do you know the big letters that the graffitti artists do? Balloon letters, I think they are called. I found that by doing a capital printed E ... using the balloon technique, I could turn the E any number of ways to create an interesting quilting western look ... I practiced on a few sheets of paper with a pencil before going on to the quilt, and used gold thread (dark yellow) and it just is a good looking color and quilting against the western themed panels and blocks. I can hardly wait to see your finished pictures ...
The inspiration for what I was doing were various brands I had seen, growing up ... and what I had learned from paper piecing the brand my dad ran ...