View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
Jinny Beyer fabrics are my absolute favorites (aside from batiks). I have four different fabrics that I haven't been able to make myself cut into yet. I think that it is a great idea to use something of hers for the border!!!!

I am on my 2nd go-around with Block #8. I've traced on the background and also on the middle section. I keep ending up with one side where the tracing marks don't match. I don't think I was seeing well enough with the lightbox, so instead of using it, I have put the fluorescent bulb under my clear quilting extenion table. That gives me "cleaner" light. ***gritting my teeth and reminding myself that this is just yet another learning experience***
Aw, poor Ducky. The mind boggles how a duck billed person grits her teeth, but however you do it, I'm sure you will overcome the problem. Stick with it, you will get there. As I am too lazy to get up and find the book, I am working from memory. I think this is one of those that has a coloured background set on the black (or whatever your choice is). Cut it much larger than just with a quarter in allowance, which will give you some wiggle room (at least half in. allowance), that might help you to adjust things to fit.