View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Maribeth

Not sure were to post this, so . . .

Has anyone ordered fabric from Pam Bono? I have received two separate shipments of fabric and both smell terrible. The first was older clearance fabric (a few years old) and I just assumed it wasn't stored properly and I washed it. This clearance fabric was quite inexpensive (and for my stashbuilding) so I wasn't so bothered. The books that came with that order had no smell and her patterns are really easy and fun.

A few months later, in response to her email advertisement, I ordered three of her new 1/2 yard packs with two more books. This time both the fabric and books smelled terrible and the fabric wasn't cut quite 18" wide. I can't tell if it is smoke or mold that I smell. I spoke directly with Pam the day the second order came and she wanted me to pay to return the shipment, refused any kind of a credit, and denied the yardage was short or that the smell could have come from her warehouse. I was kind of shocked at how unpleasant she was about the issue. I was concerned about posting this and it has been a few months, but I am still bothered by this and wanted to get your input. I pm'd someone here on the QB and she thought as I do that I should ask you all and share my personal experience.

I washed the fabric and now it is really shy of 18" and there isn't enough to use for the pattern I had planned, so I guess that becomes stash as well. I sprayed Febreeze into the books' pages and left the books open in the sun and they seem to smell better but are a little crinkly from the Febreeze. A co-worker said to shake baking soda through the book for a few days then shake out, may try that as well.

But, I am still just surprised at the assumption I would try to take advantage. I have had a few other problems before with shipping mistakes from other LQSs and it has always been handled so well by the other business owners I have dealt with online. I understand we all make mistakes (however, I work so hard for my money I want it to go as far as possible) so I wanted to see if anyone else has ever received fabric from Pam Bono and the condition.

I am a huge fan of the LQS and use them both in person and online as often as possible. Not saying you shouldn't use her, just wanted to share my experience. Maribeth