Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Glenn
Hello fellow members of the the VSMS. I an back from camping and had a great time. Just my luck we had a tornado warning on the the fourth day at the camp grounds but it was nothing!! Did catch some fish and did a little hiking in the woods. Got ticks! Now we are home must mow yard and get ready for our next trip. I did some piecing with the FW on the rainy day. I have so much to catch up on this siite. You people are very busy here. Got to stencil my bent wood case and do other customer work. Glenn
Yuck, I hate ticks! I pull ticks off the horses everytime I take them out to Folsom Lake for a nice ride!

Glenn, isn't it fun to be able to sew on your FW while you guys are out camping? I wish when my parents were still alive and snowbirding all over the country I had known about FW's. Mom tried several different modern machines in the trailer because her Pfaff 130 was just too big, but she didn't like any of them - so she gave up on sewing for a short time! She would of loved a FW or even a 99 or Spartan, although, the 99's and Spartan's are really heavy!

Nancy
Yes the ticks were bad but could not resist the hiking in the wood. As you know I am not really that fond of the FW. but they are great on camping trips and they really sew very nice. They can go anywhere and very light. I still would not give up my 66-1 for anything but the FW wins out on camping trips. Glenn