Old 05-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Charlee, what would you recommend for getting strong, strong cigarette smoke out of a wood sewing cabinet?

It made our van reek just bringing it home. It's in the garage till I get it odor-free. Really anxious to bring it in sew I can use my machine.
The cabinet and machine are most likely coated with smoke...Murphy's Oil Soap is what I use the most....wipe and wash the finished surfaces until you come back with a clean rag instead of the brown of tobacco and nicotine. You may still have some that has soaked into the unfinished woods, and for that I'd do the wash, and then set it out in the sunshine on nice days until you can't smell it anymore. It's one of those things that just really doesn't go away easily....you might also try some commercial odor eliminator...just spray on the unfinished parts of the cabinet...be careful not to get it on the finish, I'm not sure what that would do to it.

I'm a smoker, but I learned a long time ago what smoke does to nice things and quit smoking inside the house or car! Some things that were special to me were ruined before I learned that lesson tho....~sigh~