View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM
leona07

Originally Posted by omak
Good job, and thanks for sharing!
You must have been a very good student at 12 to be able to pick it up years later and even think to do mitered corners!
It is interesting how the activities we learned in those pre-adolescent days seem to be an indicator of what we will accomplish in later years.
My Great-Grandmother taught me how to sew on her old Viking sewing machine. I loved it!! I was always sewing away on that machine. I inherited that machine when she passed away and even though it no longer works, and and sadly not fixable I still have it!!

I suppose I was able to pick it fairly easily again because I am pretty crafty in nature. My poor mom had to pick up many messes from my craftiness!! She still teases me about the little paper bits everywhere, apparently I loved scissor and paper!!! It is a family thing on both sides!! My great-grandma sewed and crocheted. My grandma is a quilter and artist, it is sad that she lives so far away or I would have a teacher/helper!! My grandpa was an engineer and was a great technical drawer. My Aunt is a sewer, and an AMAZING painter/artist. My mom is a crocheter and an amazing drawer. My dad was a draftsman, so he was a technical drawer. Therefore it only makes since that I sew, crochet, and I am also pretty good at drawing (mostly technical).