Old 05-29-2011, 05:05 AM
jad1044

It's very hard to give a gift if you don't know ones likes and dislikes - and so I try to feel them out without them knowing it! My girlfriend's daughter is getting married, so out of the blue I asked my girlfriend, what were her daughter's favorite colors and if she like flowers, wildlife, or was an outdoor addict, etc.... Well, I got caught in my own questioning - my girlfriend said "Oh that is so nice of you to think of .....(name)............ with a quilt!" Oops! I had planned on giving her a quilt - but in wording it that way - if I had not had time to get one done - I'd have sort of been saddled into making one wouldn't I? :D

But, this gal being who she is, and coming from the family she does, she'd display and love any quilt given to her, but I just wanted it to "fit into" her decor in her new home!

But, yes, you do wonder if you give something and not only do you never see it displayed, what's worse, not ever a mention they'd ever gotten it - you wonder if she gave it to goodwill, or burned it -or??????