Old 05-29-2011, 10:39 AM
DawnMarie

Originally Posted by Prism99
I probably would not get this machine. It is missing the needle plate, which would cost a little money to replace. It's really not a collectible machine, although interesting. Looks like a Godzilla finish, which isn't particularly charming for me. Also likely a very heavy machine.

On the other thread you mentioned an arm protruding from the front. However, I don't see a hole in the base. Some of the older machines did not have a foot pedal and instead were operated by a knee bar. The knee bar would be stored in the wooden cover when not in use, and inserted into the hole in the base when needed.
This isn't the actual picture of the machine. I found this pic on the internet somewhere and it looked similar. The one at the sale said that it worked well. I hadn't heard of it before, so I was unsure whether or not to get it.
The handle I was talking about in the previous thread ended up being the casing for the light. (I didn't look at the machine very close at the sale because I lost interest when it wasn't a featherweight.)