View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Each quilt I finish has some kind of horror story attatched to it, but I think the worst one is the irish chain I made for my mum for Christmas last year. I bought a new kind of basting spray (bet you already know where this is going, eh?) after spending dozens of hours on the quilt top, assembled the quilt with the batting and backing, quilted bound and washed it, and the spray adhesive didn't wash out! There were discoloured blotchy patches all over the backing. I tried every kind of solvant in the house, and nothing worked. It even kind of faded the colours a bit :( I finished the #!$!^* thing on Christmas eve, or soemthing so there really wasn't any time at all to fix it, and I was bawling my face off. Luckily it was for my mother, I gave the gift anyway, and explained what happend to it. I got lots of wonderful suggestions from this forum and told my mother what to wash it with and she didn't even care that it was stained. She said you could barely tell and it didn't matter. If anyone ever came over to her house and made comments about her gift she would tell them where to shove it, lol! My parents still fight over the quilt, my father keeps stealing it to use on the sofa in the basement when he's watching hockey or playing music or something and my mother always has to hunt it down, lol! I'm making my father his own quilt right now, but I will never EVER use that brand of spray basting again. EVER!