View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 PM
canuckninepatch

Originally Posted by wildyard
OK, I'm trying but am a bit confused.. I read the tute and a printed PP pattern I got from my DSIL. But.... I can't tell, I know the solid lines are the stitching lines and the dotted lines are the 1/4" seam allowance around the outside.
So if I am understanding this correctly, when I sew two peices that meet at the outside edge, and the solid line stops and doesn't extend into the 1/4" seam allowance, I stop sewing there. So my pieces are NOT joined together all the way to the edge?
I am trying to wrap my brain around this thing, but it surely is giving me a battle. LOL. I am not sure at all that the tape is going to stick. :D
When you are sewing on a solid line that goes into the seam area, you can keep on sewing into the seam area. I figure the stitching is better anchored when you are stitching over it again for the next seam. But when it intersects with another solid line within the pattern, you have to stop at exactly that intersected point, and either stitch in place, or tie the threads off, or somehow keep it from unraveling. I don't know if that helps - I'd love to show you rather than tell you, but this is the next best thing! C9P