View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Rhonda

However since the fabric market seems to lean toward big florals and watercolors it is getting progressively harder to find tiny print in dark backgrounds and tiny print with white or cream backgrounds.

I am always on the hunt for fabric. I get frustrated when I have favorites that I go back for and then the store quits carrying it!
Since your pieces are so small, and you are putting them into a project that doesn't get the wear and tear of a quilt, couldn't you use fabrics from thrift stores, used clothing?
As I pondered your striking technique, I realized that you weren't just using white, but indeed that small print stuff. Since you seem to have trouble finding it nowadays, I was wondering if you had ever considered Rit Dye and white on white fabric.
It was a tip I got off Aunt Claudia's Quilt Shoppe site, and one day I found tons of white on white I didn't want to be that white, so I took her suggestion and dyed it all light blue (my favorite color is white) ... granted, the little flowers didn't dye blue, but still, the overall effect was a light blue with small print ... just a thought <g>.