View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:43 AM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Yea no kidding.. Mind sharing the pattern?!?!?
ok LOL and YES I used the WHOLE DAY to get this one done, got up at 6AM and was done by midnight. Also this is a tied quilt because it's faster and the only way I could get it done this quick. I did take a couple of breaks but not to long.

I don't have this in pictures but the next time I make this I will do that. Here are the general cutting instructions for it.

cut 18 - 6" square blocks for the main yellow blocks

cut 7 - 10 1/2" squares from the blue/green, then cut diagonally to make 14 triangles which are sewn on the ends of your rows when sewing together

sashing strips:
you will need 31 squares:
This is the hardest part of the whole thing, not really hard but takes so long to do, I sew these parts first so the rest of the quilt goes by quickly.

cut 5 blue & 6 gray 1 1/2" strips, sew these together in strips of 3
2 1/2 sections that are gray , blue, gray
about 1 1/2 sections of blue, gray, blue

from those strips sections you need to cut 62 - 1 1/2" wide pieces of the gray, blue, gray and 31 - 1 1/2 " wide pieces of the blue, gray, blue

sew them all together to make your 3 1/2" unfinished squares

now cut 16 blue and 8 gray 1 1/2",strips, sew them into 3 strip sections (blue,gray,blue) and cut 48 - 6 1/2" long pieces

borders: inside border is 1 1/2 " wide cut 5 strips for that
and the outside border is 2 1/2" wide, I cut these strips 4" wide so I could fold over the extra unto the back as my binding.

just so you know, I cut all the strips and squares before I begin to sew. Then I do the squares for the sashing and the longer pieced sashing parts. After all those parts are done, it's so easy to line them up and make the rows.

hope this is helpful. I will see about doing this in a tutorial later.