Old 04-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Skeat

I have to admit I am 'shocked' by the price! I'm sure my gaping open mouth gave that thought away too:)The gal does beautiful work for I have seen it so that won't be a problem for my friend. There was no work for the prep of the quilt, it was pressed and ready and looked sharp. Also, she is on a gracie frame system. I'm sure there is much time involved as far as hooking the quilt up for I do it the old fashioned way and run it thru my machine...not have the machine guide easy (I wish for!) Her price was just stippling...no binding and no batting...just the price to stipple it w/thread figured in. I guess I am just a naive quilter here!! I honestly had no idea what others charged for I've done my own after paying for 3done...been awhile but, didn't seem high at the time. I just wanted to put my stash in fabrics instead. Guess as our economy goes and we are counting all of our fat quarters, I'm wondering if someone's time becomes out of reach for too many? Glad I said nothing!:)LOL Thanks for the input....hope there is more coming:0)Skeat