View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by grammyp
My grandmother made 3 king size Cathedral Window quilts with double knit in the windows. They are VERY heavy, but I love mine. The colors are much brighter than they appear in the pictures.
Lovely quilt!
I found a finished double bed size top made of double knits at my thrift shop. It's done in a "Trip Around the World" pattern. Nothing fancy. I got it for just two dollars then wondered what the heck I would border and back it with. In the meantime my daughters unanimously agreed they had never seen an uglier quilt top. I don't know why! The colors are bright and clear. The whites are sparkling white. What's NOT to like? Anyhow, a few weeks ago I found quite a lot of very white yardage in the exact same weight of double knit as the quilt top. Now my problem is solved. I will add white borders, and put a white back on it. I plan to tie it instead of quilt it. One thing I know is that I must use a ball tip needle for the double knit. I may give the quilt to our local homeless shelter, or I may like it enough to use it on my bed. I don't care what my daughters think. That are all fabric snobs!!
:lol: