View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 PM
BluegrassGurl

My son is engaged and will be getting married next April. I had always planned/dreamed of making each of my children a double-wedding ring quilt when they got married --- to me, that is the ultimate "traditional" quilt .... especially for a bride and groom.

Given my work schedule.... I will need to get started on this to assure it will get done before all the wedding activities begin. alas... it will take me that long as this pattern will be a new venture for me! ;-)

I learned today that the bride's two favorite colors are purple and yellow. Yay!!! That is a starting point for me (this quilt will be a surprise). My son will love ANYTHING I make and I believe my future DIL will too... but I really want it to be something she loves too. They are young (he is 26.... she is 22) and very fashionable.

I am contemplating foregoing the "traditional" double wedding ring to go with a more contemporary pattern of the "twisted bargello". Personally, I would love the double-wedding ring.... but it is not about me.

What do you think.......should I stick with the "traditional" double wedding ring..... or go more contemporary with a twisted bargello?

Thank you, dear friends, in advance for your thoughts and opinions.