Old 05-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Auntie B

Lucky you !!! I'm sure you will cherish them always. I don't have any machine sewing history on my mother's side, but I do have a couple of pieces of hand embroidery done by my grandmother. Her cross stitch hand work is immaculate. It looks almost as good on the front as on the back. I was lucky enough to receive my mother-in-laws treadle singer machine and cabinet. My husband's grandmother's treadle machine went to another family member (who never sewed in her life, and who got rid of it not long after) I would have loved to have had that one, the grandmother had a long sewing history of sewing for some of the elite in the province during the 40s and 50s. She sewed wedding gowns out of silk parachutes during the war for GI's and their brides. She sewed dresses for dignitaries to meet the Queen, Lot of history there, but, gone, too late now. Not that I had any say in it. I was however, lucky enough to get from my parents estate, an old hand crank singer, complete with the curved wood carring case, no family history to that machine, other than that they saved it for 40 years. You are very blessed and lucky to have what you received. Cherish it for ever !!! Auntie B