Thread: awake all night
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
Recently I read and my sleep doc confirmed, that the TV and computer should not be resorted to when sleepless. The bluish light from each of them fools the brain into a wake up mode as does sunlight. The thing to do is read with a yellowish light. My recommendation as a retired lawyer is to read the Internal Revenue Code. My doc recommends the Obama medical plan. Either way you will be bored into the deepest of slumbers and will have no memory of what you've read.
LOL! I know what your doc is talking about regarding the ObamaCare plan...I was able to read through the first draft...that was pretty much in plain English, but the revised 2000 + page version is so full of Legalese that you have to speed read through 40 pages to get to the subject then continue through another 87 pages to get to the 1st "maybe". I still have it on my compter somewhere.

My husband insists on keeping the TV on...even when told that it doesn't help the "brain" sleep...and he wonders why he's tired all the time. If I manage to get to sleep after a hard day and end up on my back the deep breathing "bothers" him and I get jabbed in the ribs. Naturally HE doesn't snore nor does he worry that the TV keeps me up! Go figure.... and don't dare turn it off......"What are you doing????? I WAS WATCHING IT!" :wink: