View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 AM
teddysmom

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
from sewing. Llive in a desert..NM...and wonder if you gals have any ideas what I should use to moisturize. Udder balm isn't working like it used to. Right now I'm sitting here with band aids on 6 fingertips cuz they crack and bleed. Oh so sore. I even have med exam (no latex) gloves that I use...slather up hands and put the gloves on for overnight. Only feels good for a couple hours when I take the gloves off in am. Guess I just have to quit sewing for a couple days to for them to heal.

Alergic to perfumes in most hand lotions/creams. I do know that creams have more emolionts that lotions. Can't wait for suggestions.
Do you wash your material before you begin? I haven't been doing that and my hands are very dry, also. Someone posted a msg on here that the fabric contains chemicals that kill any bugs or varmints that get in the fabric during shipping and storage which means I'm rubbing that stuff in my hands when I'm piecing or hand quilting. I'm almost through with a quilt now and I will start washing my material BEFORE I even begin cutting.