Old 04-11-2009, 04:35 AM
barnbum

Okay--here's the info where I got the pattern, but it's given in pieces, not done in the strip method, so if you're familiar with the strip way--you can just follow one of my squares, and you're good. But I'd suggest getting the magazine just for all the other stuff in it!

The magazine, which I purchased years ago, is called "Quilt It-Log Cabin Favorites." It's a Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. There's no date on the cover, but the copyright date is 2005. It was $5.99. It has many wonderful ideas and patterns in it.

In the front it says: for additional copies of Log Cabin Favorites, call 1-800-590-3465 and ask for Newsstand Specials, or write to PO Box 4101, Golden, CO 80401-0101 OR visit them on their website at www.quiltersnewsletter.com

AND--in searching for other designs to try, I found a book I own called "Watercolor Log Cabin Quilts." I'd forgotten all about this book!
AND it has one in there called Mosaic Garden that is similar to this idea. It's a traditional log cabin pattern, but the watercolor idea looks wonderful. That book explains the whole watercolor concept beautifully. (I would have done better if I had read this first!) That book is from a Quilt Guild Series and is by Terry Johnson-Huhta.

The original pattern, from the magazine, was placed in all circles--which I decided wasn't the right plan for me. Here's the first one I made from this curvy pattern.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-25735.jpe