View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 05:35 AM
clsurz

This was about a year ago, I saw the ad on TV.
I called the number they had on the screen and talked with one of the people who were selling it.
Can you cut intricate pieces of fabric or things like outlines of apples, bears. Will it cut fabric like it cuts paper, like lace?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Expression 2 DID NOT come out until April of this year so it can't be the machine you checked on. What came out last year was the Cricut Imagine, a printer and cutting machine. I have that one as well and love it.

All cricut machines will cut fabric to use in applique or paperpiecing.

The Cricut machines will cut fabric to use in appliques or for paperpiecing. If using fabric you must stablize the fabric with either freezer paper, heat n bond, or similar paper on the back of it to hold on the mat.

Some say you need to put the fabric face down on the mat with paper on top so not to shred the fabric however I have never had to do that and my fabric is fine.

Most die cutting machines no matter if electric like the cricut or done manually by cranking the machine like the big shot or accu quilt recommends you put a piece of paper on top of your layer of fabric to cut however I do not use such for any of those machines either and fabric cuts well.

You just have to play with your cricut and experiment. These machines are all different in how they work. For instance I can cut .45 chipboard on my Expression yet most people say they have a hard time cutting even something as small as a cereal box which is not even .20 in thickness.

I have learned to play with my machines and certainly the Cricut Expression cutting all sorts of stuff and it cuts more than what the list recommends.

Just as you would have to get the feel to be comfortable with a sewing machine and getting one that does what you want it to do the same goes with die cutting machines no matter if electronic in nature or hand cranked.

I'm the type of person WHO DOES NOT make a decision about such products based on negativity but instead order the item and test it for myself and test everything others say it can't or won't do and I have hit 99.9% success rate in making it do what others say it won't.

All machines or even software for that matter gives you a downtime like 30 days or more to play with it and if not satisfied return it for a full return and the Cricuts are like that so I test drive whenever a new one comes out because they are improvements over the previous ones.