View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 AM
sananddandy

My friend, who recently had a stroke, and I have taught beginning quilting for 4 years thru our church. Now we teach beginning thru advanced. We run by the school semesters and the classes are 2 hours every Tues. We start at the very beginning with tools they need the first meeting. I bring in my stash the 2nd meeting and they play with putting fabrics together. The 3rd week we go shopping and they pick their fabrics. The pattern we start with is a "Buddies quilt" by Jean Nolte. We then spend the next 2 weeks perfecting rotary cutting on cheap fabric I have picked up, sewing 1/4"seam and pressing. Then they begin with their quilt and are comfortable with doing it. Some sew at home but most don't. We finish the quilt, including binding that semester or they can finish it the next semester. Always on call and very happy students. We charge $5 a semester and they certainly get their money's worth. If you would like a copy of our materials, I will be happy to send you one just PM me. Also, please pray for my friend. I believe I will be teaching alone this year.