View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 AM
quiltswithdogs

This is Patches, my 9.6 lb therapist with big ears for excellent listening skill.

She thinks we rescued her from her shelter-death-row status, but more impressive, she rescued us during hard times.

She brings daily laughter and happy chatter into our home.
She motivates me to get out and walk or take her to a park.
She is a very talented cuddler, on laps and in bed.
She never had her own bed or toys before, so from day 1 with us, when she's done shaking and playing with a toy, she puts it back into her bed. Imagine that; she actually puts her toys away! Our previous dog had our house looking like we had a toddler!

She has become a very involving "hobby". We've taught her obedience, to never beg (she just goes to her bed when we eat and curls up for a doze), how to play ball, to have fun with other dogs, basic agility tasks, and many many fun tricks. "Play Piano!" involves her leaping onto the bench, then playing a few notes (no cookie unless she uses each of her paws). Now, I'm working on "Stay" while her feet are still on the keys, for photos, of course.

Yes, she has patches of white here and there, but her name also reflects quilting!

I'm going to change my avatar here. We have some great photos of her with a few of my quilt pillows and a wallhanging. I need to do that because, after all.....
my name here is " quiltswithdogs " !

Patches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204779[/ATTACH]

Patches visiting cousin Tropic .......(formerly a Guide Dog for the Blind trainee, but bad knees "recareered" her to be my sister's pet... a great life)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204782[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-204772.jpe   attachment-204773.jpe   attachment-204776.jpe