Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
AngieS

Originally Posted by meanmom
I made a machine embroidered and appliqued baby quilt for a niece. It was a lot of time and details. When she opened it she barely pulled it out of the gift bag and said oh a blanket and stuck it back in the bag. I felt like going and taking it back. Her sister later went and got it out of the bag and properly admired it. I gave my parents a queen sized quilt they absolutely loved it. It is on their bed and they often tell me how much they like it. Their friends thought they should put it away and save it. They are in their 80"s
I haven't made much to give away. New to the quilting thing but do love it. I have 1 ready to go to a LAQ and another one almost ready. I did however make a quilt for my cousin and his wife for their new baby. The young lady had soooo many things at the shower that she never even unfolded either of the 2 quilts that she was given. I worked for hours and hours on that quilt. I just loved it! It did make me really sad. I put a label on the back with my name on it that JaJudd made for me-cutest label!! Well, my Aunt and other cousins and older ladies got it and were admiring it while the young lady continued opening up the other gifts. That made me feel good. That quilt was super soft.

I think people have no clue how much time, effort, and money goes into a quilt that someone makes. It's not like the Wal-Mart special that you get on clearance for $7.99!

It is sad and until you start doing it yourself you have no clue.

Our lil girl has an afgan that a lady from our church made her. It's such a big one! It's so pretty. She sleeps with it sometimes. I know it had to have taken her such a long time. She's in Heaven now but I'm glad we have that pretty afgan to remember what a sweet lady she was.