View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:30 AM
omak

Thank you very much!
you are right! My hands are not especially large, but that is really tiny under that part that you have to change the needle with.
Oh! By the way - - I noticed that the machine is advertised as a machine that never has to be oiled. I just took a machine to the repair center - - advertised the same way a hundred years ago <g> (mid 70s, perhaps) .. the repairman said: Don't you believe it!
After I thought about it for awhile, I realized that he was right - - if you can sew with the machine and those parts are open to the air (in order for the parts to function) the oil can be used up and it needs to be oiled from time to time. In talking around, I actually found someone who had broken one of these machines apart to see if they could make it run again. The oil actually had dried and got so gummy that the gears couldn't function. (Not trying to scare you, just trying to warn you that every machine needs to be oiled from time to time <g>).
Also, putting a machine in too cold an atmosphere (like my shop when the snow flies?) can cause the oil to break down and creates problems.
I am debating showing hubby your new machine <g> ... I mean ... it has been more than a year since he bought me the Babylock Quilter Pro ... surely he can see that a new machine will be quieter than old Viking I am using in the bunkhouse ... LOL
You got a heck of a lot more with your machine than I got with the Quilter Pro - - at about the same price. Good job!
I am so happy for you!