View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:17 PM
narink

I think Marcus makes the best reproductions hands down. They strive for historical accuracy and reproduce patterns in conjunction with several museums who have extensive textile collections.

Judie Rothermel is one of their more prominent designers who you may know from the 1930s "Aunt Grace" lines she's done. She has also produced some of the most handsome collections of 18th century fabrics I've ever seen. The detail and depth of the printed fabric is like no other.

Paula Barnes of Bonnie Blue also designs for Marcus. She specializes in Civil War era collections and creates patterns under her own banner (Bonnie Blue)with those collections.

As a pattern designer--and upcoming book author--I have worked extensively with Marcus fabrics. Their fabric is of a very high quality. All cotton fabric shrinks, so to not expect shrinkage is to expect the impossible. I have never had a problem with colorfastness, nor excessive raveling, nor thinness. Marcus fabrics have a wonderful hand, and, as a designer who makes a lot of reproduction quilts, they are always my first choice when I am looking for fabrics for a project.