View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 05:26 PM
desertrose

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
from sewing. Llive in a desert..NM...and wonder if you gals have any ideas what I should use to moisturize. Udder balm isn't working like it used to. Right now I'm sitting here with band aids on 6 fingertips cuz they crack and bleed. Oh so sore. I even have med exam (no latex) gloves that I use...slather up hands and put the gloves on for overnight. Only feels good for a couple hours when I take the gloves off in am. Guess I just have to quit sewing for a couple days to for them to heal.

Alergic to perfumes in most hand lotions/creams. I do know that creams have more emolionts that lotions. Can't wait for suggestions.

Julie, I also have severe cracking & bleeding fingers from living in the desert with very low to minus moisture in AZ. I use a Merino Lanolin Skin Cream, It's available online at merinousa.com or at 1-888-663-7466 I bought mine at a local weekly flea market from a distributor. When I have a cracked finger I apply liberal amounts and then place a finger cot on the effected fingers. To my amazement they heal within 2 days. I also use it at night before bed on my hands and feet which take a beating all year round with the low to minus humidity here. It keeps me quilting and I don't have to worry about bleeding on my fabrics with the finger cots, they are available at Walmart in the first aid section. Hope this helps...