View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 PM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
from sewing. Llive in a desert..NM...and wonder if you gals have any ideas what I should use to moisturize. Udder balm isn't working like it used to. Right now I'm sitting here with band aids on 6 fingertips cuz they crack and bleed. Oh so sore. I even have med exam (no latex) gloves that I use...slather up hands and put the gloves on for overnight. Only feels good for a couple hours when I take the gloves off in am. Guess I just have to quit sewing for a couple days to for them to heal.

Alergic to perfumes in most hand lotions/creams. I do know that creams have more emolionts that lotions. Can't wait for suggestions.
This will sound crazy and I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me. My heels cracked open and about the same time, I got a lot of fissures on my thumbs and index fingers. I decided to try athletes foot cream on the heels and within three days, not only were my heels much better, the fissures on my thumbs and fingers had begun to clear.

My hands are allergic to many lotions, so I can't tell you how surprised and pleased I was when I discovered by accident how to take care of the fissures. The cream also smoothed and strengthened my nails.

Won't cost much to try it and might be just the thing. Just be sure you check the active ingredients to be sure there isn't anything you know you are allergic to. froggyintexas