Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 AM
purplemem

Good morning, All!

I am giving everyone until midnight tonight to pm me their weight loss total for May. We have three people so far with over a 10 lb. loss! Amazing!

I will announce the winner tomorrow morning!

I have another challenge for you, one that I will do also. This will take a lot of perseverance for me. I want you to write something in a journal every day...I know (groan) journal's are tough and they get dull.

So, I will give you a journal question everyday in addition to (hopefully) motivating posts. There has been a proven link between physically writing thoughts and changed behavior. So I want to try for this month. Anybody with me???

Today's thought for the journal...
Depression is anger turned inward. What are you really angry about? I challenge you to write it down. Really explore the topic. Are you punishing yourself because you are angry with someone else? Maybe God? Maybe self?

Motivation: (I hope)
Today is the beginning of June, I know, not the first, but pretty close. What will you do today to establish or continue your goals for June? Have you set a specific goal? If not, I encourage you to do so. Write it on your bathroom mirror in dry erase marker...Want to lose 5 lbs? Write your beginning weight, subtract your target weight, and circle the end result. Look at it everyday so it will be your focus.