View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:38 AM
ruthrec

Originally Posted by Claddaughquilting
I see large spools of thread for sale, usually at a good price. I have a regular home sewing machine (Husqvarna 750) and I don't know how I would use a big cone of thread, because I don't think it would fit (?) Can these be used on home sewing machines?
I have a cone holder sitting behind my Janome and I have two safety pins taped to the back of my sewing machine to thread the thread thru before I thread the machine in the usual way. The pins are closed of course and I run the thread from the cone through the little "circles." Otherwise, the thread coming off the cone is just hanging loose for anything to get tangled up in it. Ask me how I know that.

The pins are the same size as the ones I use for basting the quilt and are taped to the machine upside down. The circle (bottom of pin) is sticking up just above the machine.

I have one pin taped close to the wheel and one just before the first step in threading the machine (don't know what it's called.) The circle is all I can see when sitting down at my machine. Sorry to be so long-winded for such a simple answer. Don't ask me what time it is... I'll explain how to build a clock...lol.