Old 06-01-2011, 04:17 PM
susanwilley

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by susanwilley
I want to thank each and everyone one of you wonderful members!! I have the Singer Futura Emborider sewing machine and after all the suggestions and tips, I found that it is indeed a wick and it is very oily! Funny finding that in a sewing machine. I did get the wick back in that tiny hole as so many members suggested I try to do. It seems to be sewing OK, but I still have that thumping sound so I will try the other tips on changing the needle. After that I just might take it in for a professional cleaning and ajusting.
Thanks again so much guys! I knew I could get my answers from you. You all are the greatest!
I read your comment and went no further...let me guess...you were cleaning your machine for lint and saw this dirty piece and picked and pulled and after 1 1/2 hours, you finally got that rascal out, to find it was a wick!
If there is any similarity at all: I DID EXACTLY THIS!
was I horrified to learn all my hard work nearly tore up my machine!
Mine is running well now, so I guess I didn't kill it, but gee whiz...I tried to find it in the "parts" part of the manual...they should warn somebody! :shock:
I totaly agree! Other members have mentioned finding a wick in there machine and having no mention of it in the manual. You would think they would put it in the manual somewhere to keep it from being pulled out, or at least to let us know if and when it should be oiled.