Old 10-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Feathers

Hi Danna:
How fun to have a new grandbaby on the way...our youngest Grand is 12 years old! We told our 6 kids it was time for one or two of them to whip up a couple more for us and we were told "Whip up your own! We're through!" Our first great-grand is due in Dec. so we'll still have babies to burp.

I've made lots of burp cloths, too. I use Flannel on the back and a piece of soft terry cloth on the side the baby's face will be. The Terry cloth keeps the liquid on the cloth because of the loops in the weave. The flannel is nice but sometimes it's slick or flat surface acts as a "slider" for the liquid. I make the cloths 7 inches wide by 18-20 inches long. I also make FULL BODY bibs for babies who can sit in the highchair and "feed" themselves. The pattern is one I bought at a quilt show about 10 years ago. The white tabs you see in the picture go around the leg/ankle of the baby to hold the bib in place. It's affixed with velcro. As you can tell, this one pictured has had LOTS of use and is about shot but it still keeps the baby clean when used.

Enjoy your new one when it comes.

Feathers
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53832.jpe