View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:53 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I have this machine and love it!! It's the Quilter's Edition.
I bought it new in 2000 for I think 1800.00
I also have this model.
I paid $1,500 in 2000 but I bought the floor model. Plus I had a trade-in against the price as well so I think I only brought about $1,200 cash to the table.

It came with the case and original box, and a ton of feet, including a walking foot. The Bernina dealer was just the straightest, greatest guy to deal with. I was sorry when he closed up shop and moved away. He gave me 50% off on a bunch of additional special Bernina feet (like the the circle thingie).

As for newer feet, it fits the feet made for it. For instance, the #57 came out way after this series of machines, but it still fit. I
don't see Bernina abandoning that anytime in the immediate future. And I can't even use all the feet I've got now. ;-) ;-)

It's made over 80 quilts in the last decade, and I really don't feel I've outgrown it yet.

I don't do embroidery, so I'm not missing out there. Yeah, I'd love a BSR. And a thread cutter. And a needle threader. But it ain't killing me not having them. If that changes in the future, then I'll revisit the issue.

I'd probably buy a longarm before I shelled out for an 820.