View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 AM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

These stories are PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!! I don't feel bad any more since I am in wonderful company.

My sister blew up her pressure cooker as well. Good German Gulasch all over the ceiling. She had to scrub and repaint the rental. To this day I am very afraid of perssure cookers.

Thinking back, I think my Mom "cycled" with baking events. The baked goods never turned out and she was in a b****y mood. One event she made 3 cakes: the first one flopped and landed in the trash, the second burnt and landed in the trash. The third one turned out perfectly - golden and ready for the layer of cream and fruit to top.

Now the woman insisted that cakes had to cool on top of the kitchen cabinet.....which was pretty tall.....and you see it, don't you? Well, the cake slipped half way off the grate. Mom caught it and with unbelievable patience she shuffeld it back on the rack.

She stood there for a second and then she started screaming like a madwoman. She flung the cake on the kitchen floor and stomped through it with her size 11s.

All I could think of was "don't laugh" ......well, you should see this one coming too: I scraped cake off the floor for a looooong time. :D