View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:04 AM
leona07

My worst one was the first night in the place I live now. We have five people who helped us move so I cooked us all a huge pasta dinner as a thank you for helping. The meal was almost done, and then WOOSH!!!! FLAMES!!!! The stove top caught on fire!!! My boyfriend ran to the laundry room and grabbed the fire extinguisher. He let 'er rip and extinguished the fire :D but ruined the food :cry:

Needless to say....I ordered some pizza. The fire department came and all the neighbors were outside watching the neighborhood newbie light her house on fire! It ended up being an electrical fire inside of the stove, so at least it wasn't my fault. It sure was scary though!!

I saw someone wrote about using dish soap in the dishwasher. My dad did this once when I was a kid. We were at my Grandparents home for a visit. They had just remodeled their kitchen and had white carpeting put in the kitchen (I think white carpet is crazy...especially in the kitchen). My grandparents were out to coffee with my mom and her sisters, so my dad thought he would "help" and do the dishes. He had never used a dishwasher before and so he used the sink dish soap and BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE all over the fancy white carpet :P OOPS!!!