Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 AM
tothenci

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljl_O2aOT1M

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I am going to be making a few paper pieced projects this fall - and I'm excited about doing it and have been reading up - it seems like doing the freezer paper method of paper piecing has a lot of fans and I want to try it... I love the idea of not having to rip out the paper and all...

I've seen the twiddletails tutorial and as much as it's a great tutorial I hate to say it, but it's just not clicking and I don't know why it isn't clicking, it just isn't. I've also seen a few other tutorials online for it and it still just isn't clicking at all.

I did a youtube search for a video tutorial on freezer paper quilting and it really only brings up applique tutorials which is not what I want to do.

Does anyone know of a video tutorial that really makes sense? I'm just not understanding how you don't sew through it. I know as soon as the light bulb turns on it will all make sense but it's just a stubborn switch on this topic :(

I guess my big thing with it is - don't you end up sewing - even by accident - the freezer paper?