View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:29 AM
jodimarie

Last fall I bought several layer cake collections from Connecting Threads and when I pulled them out to make a large Twister quilt I found they were wrinkled, so I grabbed a can of Magic sizing and set about giving them a good pressing. You will not believe how some squares shrunk up when the spray hit them!!! Some almost a half inch in size and stayed there after the pressing....some fabrics stayed the same. I don't know if this is ''normal'' with all LC or just the differences in the quality of fabrics in those Connecting Threads collections. I really do like the majority of the fabrics in the collections but there are a few ( the ones that really shrank up) that I didn't like the feel of. So, I am hoping that my big Twister will work with blocks that were trimed down to a 9 1/2 inch square......

Was I wrong to iron a layer cake??? but then if I hadn't ironed them, wouldn't the shrinking really have been a major problem doen the road. I press ALL my yardage fabrics before I cut with Magic spray sizing and never ever have a shrinking problem......

jodi