View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:39 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Two more days until the "Big Sew" begins! Sunday is just after tomorrow! I am really anxious to start seeing everyone's blocks.

I began working on Block 17 yesterday. I have 5 blocks finished - embroidery & everything.

For the scrolls on Block 17, I used a combination of freezer paper & Sharon Shamber's methopd. I used a CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP glue stick , but only put it right at that little innie spot up by the big bulb. The rest of the seam allowance was just basted down. After I finished stitching the piece, I cut out the background fabric & loosened the parts that had been glued down. Because I used a cheap (Rose Art) glue stick, the fabric lifted right off the paper & I pulled out the paper easy as pie! I didn't need to use any water. It was really an easy technique for these scrolls. Block 17 only has 4 of them, so it's the perfect block to try out something.

So everyone needs to start thinking about starting their AOTH Block 9. Gather all your supplied and fondle your fabrics a bit more & hunker down to some serious & fun stitching.