Thread: COLD FEET
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:51 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
As I am getting a little closer to getting my longarm, I'm beginning to realize the value of a dollar. I am getting a little scared about spending so much money on something that I don't know if I'm going to like or not. I know I'll probably love it and want to spend all my time "playing" with it. But, still, it is a lot of money. I don't have any place close by that lets you rent a machine. And, I don't know anyone close to me that has one that I could practice on. I just have my one 10 minute experience at a quilt show on the Nolte. So, please. Somebody help me out here and tell me how much I'm going to love it!!!
I got mine just before Easter and love it. I too tried some out at the Lancaster Quilt show. I got mine from my Husqvarna Viking dealer because I wanted someone close by to help me through any problems I may have. I am glad I did that because I had a problem with it a week after I got it and had to send it for repair. Now I love it. Biggest problem I see is that I need to make several tops at a time so I can quilt one right after another. There is a huge learning curve for me, but I am getting much better at meandering. You need to have confidence in yourself. Life is short and you can't take it with you (money) so enjoy life as you want to.